Wednesday, October 30, 2013

{TRUNK OR TREAT, SMELL MY FEET}


Every year our Church has a Trunk or Treat right before the big Independence Halloween Parade. This year... I was less then prepared. I made the kids costumes Friday night and we had to be at Trunk or Treat on Saturday by 1:45pm. Luckily, they were not too hard to make. Lincoln really wanted to be a skeleton. The best part is we used glow and the dark paint around the bones. Every time he puts it on, he goes in the bathroom and turns the lights off and stares at his glowing bones. 
Hazel, a snow owl. I have always loved the Martha Stewart diy chicken costume. But, I wasn't sold on this little lady dressing as a chicken. So I used the same idea and just tweaked it a bit. I found a bunch of cute felt owl masks online and used those for inspiration. Unfortunately,  Hazel  had a runny nose. Poor girl had feathers stuck to her snot like a mustache the entire time. My house and car are also covered in feathers.
 But, we had a great time and I have already eaten Lincoln's entire bag of Halloween candy.  I really have no self control. 
A face full of snot...



 I forgot a candy bag and he had to use a plastic sack. Whoops!
 We found  this little duckling at the parade. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment